Monday, December 12, 2011

Interview with Lani Rhea and Jp Archer!

Thank you for allowing us to blog on your blog today, Bonni! We are really happy to be here talking about The Ark Hotel: Before the Dawn.

Bonni: Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with us. Can you tell us about your latest release?

An emotionally wounded woman finds an unexpected Prince Charming in a small town in Washington. When you’re ready to give up on love, love finds you, and in the damndest places.

Here’s the blurb:

With the Mayan’s predicted doomsday a year away, inspires many to take a spin on the Wheel of Pleasure at the risqué Ark Hotel.

Running north from an abusive relationship, Angie Perkins, never suspected her life would change by a chance encounter. Repulsed, she despises The Ark Hotel.

Noah Hawthorne, part owner and CEO of The Ark Hotel, can’t know that fate would serve up his true love in a small town diner.

With Christmas around the corner, can these two give of their hearts, finding their way past their pasts to each other as the clock ticks down on the world’s final moments?

Bonni:  Tell us about a day in your life as a writer.

Jp: Oh Lord. I wish I could say it’s full of profound ideas and long hours of creativity, but it’s not. Being that I still work full time for me its burst of ideas and frenzied writing. When I get going I can write 2K to 3K in no time, unedited of course.  Sometimes I’ll be driving down the road and a song or news story on the radio will spark and idea and it will obsess me until I get the first chapter written, then I can walk away from it and come back.

LR: I start the day by checking two different emails and responding. I move on to my blog to check the hits. I follow up with Facebook and Twitter. This all sounds very simple, but when you have several responses it takes a while to go through them. After all the social media is done, I break open the latest projects. Currently I’m helping two friends edit their stories, while editing two of mine. I’ll sneak in another social round, then back to work.

Bonni:  Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?

Jp: Night time, simply because I have a day job. Obviously, not alone because Lani and I work so well together.

LR: I’m forced to be a daytime writer. I would rather write at night. Jp and I really do work well together when we are deep in a scene.

Bonni:  Do you have critique partners or ever been in a critique group? What was the best thing you learned from a critique?

LR: I have several critique partners and groups. I think it’s best this way because one may be too busy to help, leaving several other options to turn to. I belong to a few critique groups as well.

Jp: Just Lani right now. I’m not as available to return the favor for others so I wouldn’t feel right asking someone for something I can’t give back. 

Bonni:  Do you write better when you first have an idea of what your characters look like or do you write, and then add character looks?

LR: I write better when I have a picture of my character. First I’ll envision what they look like in my mind, then the search is on. I’ll look for a while, but then when that picture pops up, I just know that model is my character.

Jp: I’m so glad you asked. When Lani and I work together, she creates characters that are so vivid to me. I can see them so well and feel like I can predict their attitudes and responses. Sometimes (laughing) when we are working on a scene I act it out for her, the body language, the facial expressions which can get really hilarious if it happens to be a male character during a sex scene. I’m like, “His hand is here, his lips are here and now you want him to do what? That’s not practical.” Anyway, she builds such strong characters I can see them in my mind instantly. For my own characters, they are just there. I imagine them and they are what they are from the beginning.

Boni:  Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?

Jp: Buy “the Sexiest Time Of The Year”! PLEASE! LOL. Seriously, I have a lot of pride in the work we produced. It’s hot AND it’s a romantic. Lani and I have a combined blog we entitled “Sex and Romance” and that’s the truth. Lani writes the hot, hot, hot sex and I write the sweet, sentimental, conflicted romance.” We joke that she’s the “Oooh!” of this partnership and I am the “Awww.”

LR: I want you to remember while reading the story, there is a theme of “Pay it Forward” throughout. The hero did have a torturous life as a child. He was forced to do things he was not proud of, but has learned from his mistakes. Noah is trying to make Angie see what had happened to her was not her fault by any means. Another thing about The Ark Hotel: Before the Dawn, the hotel. The whole story started because of this hotel. This hotel carries on into story two Jp and I are currently working on at the moment. The reason why the whole hotel even began was because of the Mayans predicted doomsday 12-21-2012. And if you noticed, Noah-Ark Hotel, yeah, we have the two-by-two and the dove mentioned in the story. But around all of this is a love story. A man wooing a woman, or courting and we are really proud of this work.

Bonni: Where can your readers find you?

Jp:



LR:






Bonni: Great! Where can people buy the anthology your story The Ark Hotel: Before the Dawn is featured in?




Thank you so much Bonni for allowing us to blog today. ((hugs))

Remember to leave your email when you comment for a chance to win a copy of The Sexiest Time of the Year. But before you run off, read the excerpt from The Ark Hotel: Before the Dawn


Excerpt:

Hours later, exhausted but content, Angie hopped in the truck with Noah. "You're something else."

He was back in his jeans and sweater, looking sexier than ever. Still, she couldn't forget the fake white beard and spectacles he'd worn that somehow failed to detract from just how sexy he was.

"How about a kiss for Santa?" he winked.

Angie smiled. "Will I get on the naughty or nice list?"

Noah chuckled. "Depends on the kiss I guess."

Angie scooted over to the middle of the cab, eager for a kiss from Noah. His lips were soft against hers.

His masculine scent filled her senses. She melted into him.

His tongue cautiously traced over the seam of her lips

She accepted him.

Their tongues dueled.

A deep throaty groan escaped Noah. Strong arms encircled Angie's torso, pulling their bodies closer together. Her breasts ached with longing when they crushed to his well-muscled chest. She was lost in the sensation of Noah.

Both breathing raggedly when the kiss broke. They came up for air.

She couldn't say for certain how long their make out lasted, but long enough for the windows to steam over. Guilty like a teenager in a back seat, thrilled and excited, she agonized over how far to let the moment go.

Noah broke the tension by saying, "Definitely on the nice list."

Angie couldn't help noticing the large bulge in the front of his Levi's.

Noah smoothed his palms down his thighs, readjusting his hips.

A warm zing tingled in her core. A powerful rush came from the recognition of how she affected him the way he affected her.

His Adam's apple bob when he cleared his throat.

"Angie, I would love to play Santa some more with you, and I mean I would truly love to, but Lizzy is expecting us back at her house for a debriefing. She said she wanted full, color details since she wasn't able to come tonight."

Angie blushed with pleasure. Noah wanted her.

"I understand." She laughed quietly. "We can't have you getting grounded by your mom before Christmas. I'm counting on Santa to leave me something special under the tree this year."

Noah's return grin delightfully wicked, he winked. "You might have to sit on my knee later and whisper what you want from Santa."

Angie winked. "I might have to."

He started the truck and turned on the defroster.

Angie scooted back to her seat by the door and buckled up. With a single hand she wiped away the collected moisture from their heavy breathing.

Through the window, across the almost deserted parking lot she spied a white Ford Ranger idling. Was it her imagination, or did it have a dent on the driver's front fender. Buddy drove a white Ranger with a dent.

All the pleasant moods from moments before spiraled away, leaving a chill of anxiety behind. No damn way!

He didn't have any idea where she stayed. The stashed credit card remained unused in the pocket of her suitcase. She called her sister once to say where she was and that she was alright, but Lisa hated Buddy and would choke before she told him a thing.

Angie was being paranoid. At least, that's what she told herself.




20 comments:

  1. Great interview! Sounds like a terrific read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound likes this will be a great read! cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Lee and Mandy! Yes, the story is interesting. I love how each story leads you into the next. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interview....book sounds really exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! Sounds like you have fun writing together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abigail! Thanks so much for stopping by! We think the story is something different. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kellie! xoxo Yes, we have lots of fun writing together. LOL Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read it. I loved how you are oooooh and awwwww. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had the pleasure following these two lovely ladies around and the view is quite a treat. Just as is each of the interviews that they've given on their blog tour. Ladies, if I didn't know better, I'd think you two are sisters. You seem to work so well together and there is a real chemistry between you. Something tells me that the writing team of Lani Rhea and Jp Archer is going to putting out more great stories in the future.

    Bonni, a wonderful interview and I really like some of the non-traditional questions you asked. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOl Thanks, ERP! We are the sisters of sexy romance. *grin* If you can't wait to see if you win a free copy, I do hope you buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ben! xoxo Thank you so much for stopping by today! Yes, we write pretty well together. Soon, we need to plot story three of The Ark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful interview ladies! Lani and Jp, I am putting this on my must buy and read list. Lani, you know I love ya and Jp, I can't wait to get to know you better. I loved your comments about how you figure out your characters...I want to be a fly on the wall the next time Jp is acting out a scene. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome interview and now I will check the books and the authors. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post guys. Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great interview, you two. I loved the "oooh" and "awww" - perfect balance! I likewise love a healing love story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to chime in here. Poor Lani has been fielding the ball all day. Firstly, thanks so much Bonni for having us. It really lot of fun. Secondly, thanks to every one for the comments and support. I know Lani and I appreciate all the support and feed back we can get. *let the church say AMEN*. I hope you all will enjoy the story. I think it is quite good. We wrote it in four days! Can you believe it! I also hope you will keep coming back for more. Thanks everyone! Next stop is Louis Bacio on Thursday. See ya there. Ty again Bonni. You're the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone for stopping by today! I'm very pleased you did. We had a lot of fun! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic Interview! The book sounds like my type of read. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great interview!! Can't wait to see what comes next.

    We reviewed The Sexiest Time of the Year on our site and to quote our reviewer: "Each of these stories makes this anthology a good read. With such different styles and plots you are sure to find one, if not all, to enjoy. I have know found three new authors to add to my ever-growing list."

    Riane
    riane at hotlyeverafter dot com

    ReplyDelete