Sunday, November 20, 2011

5th review from Kinky Book Reviews 3 out of 5 kinks

This is yet another book review of Jack's Christmas Wish.

Review by Kristina:
This book is a sweet heartwarming Christmas story. It had me smiling during most of it. I did find it a little predictable but sometimes that’s hard to avoid in this genre. The sex scenes were pretty steamy. The BDSM was on the lighter side. I didn’t feel that Lissa really submitted to Derek. A few times I felt she was topping from the bottom. The scenes were good action wise, but it felt more like him pleasing her. The only time he pushed her even a little was toward the end.
The issues I had were that I found parts of the characters actions a bit confusing. There was a lot of “I want this!” then “oh, no I don’t!” throughout the book. Several times both Lissa and Derek were almost certain the other wouldn’t call or show when there was no sign previously to say that they wouldn’t. It seemed like adding angst just for the sake of angst. And lastly, being a parent, I wish I had as many sitting options for my kids as Derek has for his!
I’d recommend this book to anyone wanting a cute holiday read. I went through the story pretty quick and like I said, it made me smile. Being that this appears to be Ms Sansom’s first book, I’d say it’s a pretty awesome debut. I will definitely look forward to more from her.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely putting this work on my Christmas reading list!

    ReplyDelete