Sunday, September 11, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #9


This week I thought I would do something a bit different. Instead of my works in progress, I thought it would be a good idea to pay tribute to the hero's of 911. Here are my six.

They were from all walks of life when they went downtown.

Little did they know those two buildings were coming down.

It was the place to be if you were looking for a hero.

The place we all know as ground zero.

It's been ten years now and sirens still fill the day.

In honor of the men and women that died for the U.S.A.

7 comments:

  1. Well written Bonni, a fitting tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartwrenching and heartwarming all at the same time, Bonni - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching. So fitting for today. Thanks for sharing with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tribute. Lest we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this, Bonni, as I told you. It is a tribute to those that paid the ultimate price so that we may continue to enjoy Freedom and Safety. It was heart wrenching. Thank you:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful job, Bonni.

    ReplyDelete